When you are running an agency, you know that its success lies in the people that are on the front-end of things. Are people buying what you are trying to sell? If not, you may want to reconsider the culture of your sales team. A sales force is only as successful as the culture, goals and passions that are part of the mission. What is your business striving for?
All effective leaders know that one of the most important things they need to do for those under them is be a positive role model. But how?
- Maintain a positive attitude, always
- Show excitement and passion
- Be available for questions and concerns
- Always have an open-door policy
- Be willing to train and mentor anyone
- Share strengths and weaknesses, successes and failures
Leadership, when used properly, is like lightening in a bottle – powerful and ready to explode everywhere. As long as the leaders in your company are there, you have a recipe for a successful sales culture, but are you using it
Employees who are passionate are more productive and the more productive an employee, the more successful your business. It’s a cycle. You want your employees to be passionate and satisfied and happy in their jobs, and although you can’t create passion for them, you can help with the rest.
- Be sure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities
- Encourage employee interaction and training
- Set goals – and update the company on the successes and failures in reaching those goals
- Share success stories AND failures – brainstorm ways to improve
- Value everyone’s input and be sure they know that
Employees who feel valued make for a great culture. You want a culture in your company that fosters passion and success. You want a culture that encourages people to own their roles and feel connected to and responsible for the success of those roles.
Be sure to train your front-line supervisors to share their passion with their team and be sure to walk into to the office ready to take on the world – value the input and watch the culture change… for the better!